South Korea’s telecommunications large SK Telecom (SKT) is launching its Ifland metaverse in 49 international locations in North America, Europe, the Center East and Asia, the corporate introduced on Wednesday.
See associated article: Meta’s one-year anniversary: Digital actuality meets robust actuality
- SKT will make the most of K-pop to develop joint content material with numerous worldwide companions and strengthen the communication capabilities on the platform to advertise Ifland as a world social metaverse, its press launch said.
- SKT has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Japan’s largest cell phone operator NTT Docomo to cooperate on content material growth, expertise and repair of their respective metaverse platforms.
- Ifland has additionally named Emirati-based tech agency e& and Singapore’s telecommunications group Singtel as its international companions.
- In September, Ifland added an in-platform financial system the place customers that host conferences on the metaverse can obtain level donations from different customers, which might be cashed out.
- In Q3 2022, Ifland accrued a person base of 12.8 million, in line with the press launch. Its native competitor, Naver Z’s Zepeto, boasts over 300 million downloads globally, with 95% of its customers coming from outdoors South Korea.
- SK Telecom owns over 47% of all cellular communications customers in South Korea as of 2021, in line with the Korea Data Society Growth Institute (KISDI).
See associated article: Animoca Model’s Sandbox to launch metaverse in Dubai, different international cities